Talend announced an update to its Data Fabric offering, with Talend Trust Score. Talend Trust Score instantly assesses the reliability of an organization’s data, and represents what Talend is calling an “industry first” measure of data and health that intelligently diagnoses and resolves data integrity issues.
Data Trust Score that helps you make better decisions on higher quality data. This is made possible by the new Data Inventory application that:
- Automatically and systematically assesses underlying data to ensure use of more meaningful and trustworthy data
- Provides a Trust Score that combines proprietary Talend technology for assessment of data quality with crowdsourced metrics, such as user ratings and times shared
- Uses advanced search technologies to deliver immediate access to the right data for anyone
Talend Trust Score automatically indexes datasets with a crawler to provide a complete picture of data health before they start using it. Data can be assessed in multi-cloud, on-prem, and in hybrid environments. The Trust Score exposes the dimensions used to calculate data trust. Dimensions include validity, popularity, completeness, discoverability, and usage. Talend Data Fabric also automatically resolves data problems by recommending the appropriate transformations using semantic awareness.
Today, companies can measure every aspect of business health, except the health of their data which drives business decisions. Data is vital to inform critical decisions such as identifying new routes to market, systems to support business agility, and more resilient supply chains. As Harvard Business Review puts it, “Your organization’s data is the source of both the opportunity and the challenges to your innovation. The difference is whether you can convert raw data sets into clear, actionable information.” It is critical for companies to get decisions right but, for most companies, there’s virtually no connection between the analytics systems running the business and the people and technologies designed to ensure the data powering those systems can be trusted.
In fact, having reliable data is crucial at all levels of decision making across any organization.
- For executive decision-makers who are operating under extreme internal and external pressures to make the right decision, clean and uncompromised data can dramatically improve the quality and accuracy of decision making across the organization.
- For business users who are inundated with dashboards and reports but struggle to understand what matters and what to trust, concise data provides a clear measure of data reliability, backed by a record of where that data originated and how it has been modified.
- For technical users who juggle countless requests to deliver timely, accurate, and digestible data, and need more insight into and control over the data that their internal partners are using, trusted data provides tangible proof of the accuracy and completeness of their work and frees them up to focus on complex analytics.
Improving the health of data used by a company should follow a core set of principles, which we refer to as: “the five Ts of trust.” Your data must be thorough, transparent, timely, traceable, and tested. The new Talend Trust Score, designed to help users dynamically rate data sets based on these criteria, could fundamentally change the way we use all available data and insights to make decisions.
Talend offers an expansive portfolio of data integration and data management tools. The company’s flagship tool, Open Studio for Data Integration, is available via a free open-source license. Talend Integration Cloud is offered in three separate editions (SaaS, hybrid, elastic), and provides broad connectivity, built-in data quality, and native code generation to support big data technologies. Big data components and connectors include Hadoop, NoSQL, MapReduce, Spark, machine leaning, and IoT.
To find out more about about Up CRM’s solutions : Talend